Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Resting...

I am now in a recovery mode after Issue 7 - I basically did two back-to-back issues, so I need a little rest.

There's been a lot of positive feedback about the articles we got this issue, so naturally, I'm pretty happy. Some people are also stepping forward to help BrickJournal in layout and reviews, and that is a really nice sign, especially in the layout area. We really need to be strengthened in that department, as that  will allow us to work on other possibilities, such as adding more issues.

There's been many requests for printing, and I am looking at it - the challenges I face are have to do with needing to print a high quantity to make any print run worthwhile. I would like to see the magazine become somethng that will be a part of a media group, and in order to do that the mag needs to earn money. Which ultimately means that many issues need to be sold. As in thousands.

Can thousands be sold? Honestly, I don't know. When BrickJournal goes to print, then downloads will have to change. I don't know how that will affect things. There are many variables, and I need to make my best decision against those, and presently, I don't think I have enough information to make a wise decision. But I am researching.


No comments: