Thursday, April 26, 2007

Dropping a pebble into a pond....

I'm off to go to another event in Atlanta - a Yoda Building event. It's where an 8-foot Yoda model is built by kids over a weekend, and it's pretty fun to watch. I got to see it in Festival of the Masters (Orlando) last year and this year I get to be a volunteer. This will be fun!

I'm also starting to see what is in store for BrickJournal 8, and it looks to be pretty interesting:-) The event reports are coming in, and some reviews are coming in too. Am working on a fun surprise too...

But about the title line - just a little thing that I think about every so often.

What we do and choose to do affects everything around us, like a pebble dropped into a pond. The ripples it sets off make other things happen, and create new ripples...

It's easy to think that what we do isn't that important in the grand scheme of things, but what's surprising is that what we do often is important.

What do I mean? Well, I did a video on FLL that I posted on YouTube a weekago. In that week, FIRST LEGO League sent the video link to all of the teams and volunteers to see, I got comments from teams that were at the World Festival and I got requests to send a high res copy to FLL headquarters and to a team in Oregon that is recruiting sponsors and more teams. The photos I uploaded to Flickr  got the  attention of a person publishing a book in  MIT who asked to use a pic.

All that from posting a video.

Think about this - all great things start with a first step. Or a pebble.

What's your pebble?


No comments: