Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Somewhat off-topic....

I have been getting some Christmas e-mails (how nice!) and while I have been 'busy' at home (with family - Mom and Dad and my older sister and her family), I cannot say that what I have done has been terribly constructive.

My Christmas was pretty good - kinda peaceful (which is a welcome switch from the usual for me) and just a time to recharge and get ready for the new year.

One of the wonderful things that has happened is that I got an e-mail from a fellow builder, Brian Muzas. We worked together on a couple of projects for teh LEGO Group (one that was the first iteration of LEGO Factory, and another that is under NDA - still!!), and his expertise is in Microbuilding.

He's also a priest in New Jersey, and he is going to Rome this week with a high school choir to perform for the Pope!

A news video can be found here:

http://wcbstv.com/video/?id=94967@wcbs.dayport.com

Congratulations to Brian and his choir!

I really am happy to see members of the AFOL community doing things outside the hobby, so drop me a line if you or an AFOL you know has done something neat!

No comments: