Thursday, June 14, 2007

Eric Brok...

I was informed of his passing earlier this week, and am greatly saddened.

I also met him a couple of years ago at BrickFest - he was one of the first to offer support - even before BrickJournal was named! And from there, he has written articles including his last one.

He wrote an article in the Journal in Issue 6 and mentioned his illness. I hoped that he would be able to see his set produced, and he did. And I got a review set and was able to build and see what he did. I sent him a note about how nice the set is, not expecting an answer. I knew that his health had declined, so it wasn't important to get a reply. It was important to tell him. Surprisingly, he replied with a thank you note. It was about a month ago.

He will be missed and my thoughts and prayers are with his wife and family.

And I thank him for all the things he has done for the community and the hobby.


No comments: