Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Non-LEGO Item: Guilty pleasures

I watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives.

and now I watch them online.

Why?

I watch Extreme Makeover because of the general message - once you go past the reasons behind the sponsors, this show is about making a difference in someone's life. We each have the ability to make things positive for others, and to be honest, it doesn't take a Sears sponsorship to do it, it can be something as simple as giving a smile to someone. I also really like the idea of surprising people - "you want this, well we looked around and found THIS!" So I watch the show when I can with my mom.

I also watch Desparate Housewives with my mom. The show is generally good - and  there's always one scene that is laugh-out-loud funny. And there's usually a scene that is really moving in every other show.

Gray's Anatomy is a nicely-crafted show. The characters are very human, and I really enjoy watching them grow as times go on (although growth can be a interesting way of explaining some of the things that happen). I used to watch ER back in the day, but this is a lighter, fluffier version.

Shows I used to watch:

Star Trek and ST:TNG - but I love the classic series much more than TNG - but Picard was a really good character.

X-Files - until the conspiracy went nuts.

Who's Line is it Anyways - the British version (ahem)

The Man from UNCLE - nicely written shows, believe me

Batman - Holy (fill in the blank)!

Shows I should be seeing:

West Wing
24
Battlestar Galactica
Stargate

But I haven't the time.....

No comments: